Summer Breeze - Best of Summer Season 2022
The winners have been found!
as well as you have voted for the most popular creation!
"This uniquely designed wirewrapped pendant with Larima gemstones, Baltic Amber and wavy swirls reminds us of the sunset by the ocean in summer days." Chloe Teo
Congratulations to all Winners and thank you to all contestants!
The winners were announced on June 23rd. They won all the fame and accolades! Watch the announcement and interview with the Gold Winner Ada here.
What is the competition about?
The Creative Jewellery Studio sponsored this distinct contest to highlight the broad range of skills, methodologies and design aesthetics that represent Creative Jewellery Studio members and JDMIS Alumni.
Best of Season competition is conducted once a season - Spring, Summer and Winter - aiming to inspire and empower the creativity of our members. This time the competition theme was "Time to Blossom" - celebrating the season of spring.
18 spectacular creations were submitted in time using fine, fashion, new metal and traditional metalsmithing techniques. The contestants took a chance in winning and selling the jewellery creations. The pieces are exhibited at CJS boutique and available for sale until Jul 31st.
- Theme of the competition: Summer Breeze
- Type of jewellery fabrication technique to be applied: Any
- Competition is open to Creative Jewellery Studion members
- Contestants are allowed to submit up to three competition pieces. Each submission requires separate registration.
- Organisers are allowed to take part in the competition.
- All submitted jewellery pieces must be the original work designed/created by the participant.
- Contestants can use any materials.
- The method used for fabrications of the jewellery pieces must be techniques taught and learnt at JDMIS.
- All submissions of competition pieces are to be in physical form.
- Each entry must be submitted with a product write-up and photos.
- Judging to be conducted by an objective panel of judges and anonymous student feedback. The pieces will be pre-judged on: 1) adherence to the theme; and 2) workmanship; and anonymous final judging: top 3 in terms of creativity & aesthetic appeal.
- CJS reserves the rights on the final decision of all the winning entries and the prizes offered to winners of the competition.
- CJS reserves the rights to disqualify pieces submitted which do not follow the criteria for the contest
- All competition pieces are eligible for sales at CJS.
More competitions on your way! Stay tuned!