Fashion Jewellery for Freedom Competition 2021 Winners
Who is the Fashion Jewellery Designer of 2021?
The competition is now closed, judged and you have voted for the most popular creation!
Watch the winner announcement here!
The winners are:
Top 5 Contestants:
Congratulations to all winners and contestants. Everyone's a winner!
What is the competition about?
The Creative Jewellery Studio sponsored this distinct contest to highlight the broad range of skills, methodologies and design aesthetics that represent Creative Jewellery Studio members and JDMIS Alumni. We aim to inspire and empower the creativity of our members and alumni.
All JDMIS current and former students were invited to take part in this fun way to have their creative talents viewed and become known to a larger audience.
15 fashion jewellery artisans joined this exciting jewellery design and fabrication competition - and took a chance in winning and selling their fashion creations.
The contestants submitted their creations early May 2021, followed up by rigourous judging by end of May. Winners were announced on June 4th. A month long exhibition was organized at CJS boutique, where contest pieces were offered for sale, whether the contestant was a current member of CJS, a current JDMIS Student or Alumni.
Winners won CJS memberships and other exciting prizes:
- Gold Winner: 3 Month Creative Jewellery Studio Gold Membership (Value $450)
- Silver Winner: 3 Month Creative Jewellery Studio Silver Membership (Value $150)
- On-line popular vote: All the fame ;-) and $50 CJS Voucher!
- Theme of the competition: Fashion Jewellery for Freedom
- Type of jewellery fabrication technique to be applied: FASHION JEWELLERY ONLY
- Competition is open to all current and former students of JDMIS.
- Contestants are allowed to submit multiple competition pieces. Each submission requires separate payment.
- Organisers are NOT allowed to take part in the competition.
- All submitted jewellery pieces must be the original work designed/created by the participant.
- Contestants can use any materials.
- The method used for fabrications of the jewellery pieces must be fashion jewellery techniques taught and learnt at JDMIS.
- All submissions of competition pieces are to be in physical form.
- Each entry must be submitted together with a product write-up and photos detailing: materials and technique to elevate appreciation and potential value. Data can be sent to email@example.com
- Judging to be conducted by an objective panel of judges led by Tanja Sadow. The submitted pieces will be judged on : Pre-judging 1) adherence to the theme (your story); 2) Comfort of wearing; and 3) Durability and workmanship; final judging by a visiting judge: 4) Creativity; 5) Beauty and aesthetic appeal.
- CJS reserves the rights on the final decision of all the winning entries and the prizes offered to winners of the competition.
- CJS reserves the rights to disqualify pieces submitted which do not follow the criteria for the contest
- All competition pieces are eligible for sales at CJS.
- Terms and conditions of prizes:
- Gold Winners receive free Gold Studio Membership for 3 months, but contribute the time (10.5 hours/month) as it is worthwhile community and learning experience as well as helps to advance their own business. Winners are eligible to swap to virtual membership or upgrade to platinum level.
- Silver Winners receive free Silver Studio Membership for 3 months, but contribute the time (21 hours/month) as it is worthwhile community and learning experience as well as helps to advance their own business. Winners are eligible to swap to virtual membership or upgrade to higher levels
Thank you to all contestants for participating in this fashion jewellery competition!
More competitions on your way! Stay tuned!
Competition supported by